Our ICES Family
Approved Teachers Guidelines
If you qualify and agree to the guidelines below, please complete ICES Approved Teacher Application form listed on the right:
- You are an ICES member in good standing.
- You receive compensation for teaching classes.
- You have taught 20 or more students in the past year.
- You are considered a professional when entering cake shows.
- You are able to work professionally and knowledgeably in a variety of sugar mediums.
In the event you are confirmed as an ICES Approved Teacher, you agree as follows:
- You will complete an ICES Scholarship Comment Sheets for each ICES Scholarship Recipient who takes a class and return it to the ICES Awards Chairman within ten (10) days after the class is finished.
- You will provide a receipt to any ICES Scholarship Recipient for the class they take, including mini-classes.
- You will refund any prepaid ICES Scholarship fees directly to ICES in the event an ICES Scholarship Recipient withdraws from a prepaid class before the cut-off date.
- You will provide a syllabus to each ICES Scholarship Recipient so they know exactly what is to be taught in the class they take. If time allows something may be added, but nothing may be omitted from what is listed in the syllabus.
- You will provide a Certificate of Merit or a Certificate of Completion to each ICES Scholarship Student upon completion of each class subject taught.
In the event that ICES receives up to three (3) complaints from unsatisfied ICES Scholarship Recipients, the teacher will
be subject to investigation by the ICES Board of Ethics Committee. If the Ethics Committee finds the complaints are in violation of the ICES Approved Teacher Contract, the teacher will be removed from the ICES Approved Teacher List.
Contact: Awards Chairman.